Many of us have discovered Autocrat for making all kinds of certificates and documents using a template (it’s a bit like a mail merge of old; if you’d like a full how-to just pop on youtube and there a lots of examples!), but I often want to add pictures – a different picture for each line of my spreadsheet.
I recently discovered a way to do this using Google Photos so I thought I’d share some instructions! If you’d prefer a video, here it is!
- Go to https://photos.google.com/
- Upload your photos
- Click on Create and then select Shared Album
- Select the photo(s) you’ve just uploaded
- Click Create
- Call your album hosting so you remember what it’s for
- Click on Share (at this point you don’t actually have to share it to anyone. Just click on the album behind and the share box will go away.
- Click on the picture you want to use
- It will now open by itself – Right click on the picture and select Copy Image Address
- Go to your spreadsheet you’re using with Autocrat and paste the URL